A quick guide to liquid lipsticks

Before liquid lipsticks start hitting drugstores this year, let's take a look at some brands that are in the market now.



Dose of Colors, Berry Me - $37 


Berry Me is the perfect deep purple shade that I've been dreaming all about last season. The formula is a little drying but there's nothing a base layer of Mentholatum lip ice or Vaseline can't fix. However if you decide to take a skip on moisturizing your lips, be wary of getting dry and crackled lips.

I feel that to wear a product that is so creamy in texture and pigmented, it has to have an applicator that gives precision in filling in your lips. The lack of precision leaves absolutely no room for mistakes if you mess up on your first attempt.

Packaging wise is up to my satisfaction. The frosted hard plastic tube may be nothing too over the top and it doesn't look like a drugstore makeup. 
Well, it's a 2/5 because I expected them to perform better as the price range is on the higher side. Besides the applicator wand wasn't as precise that it should be. 

Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip (Bumble, Beeper) -$13 /ea



Colourpop has one of the most extensive collection of colors ever. I got Bumble and Beeper because I was going through a phase of nudey brown lips and also the fact that my lip stick collection is missing nudey-brown shades. Bumble is a dusty warm terracotta and Beeper is a mid-tone brown that reminded me of the ladies in the 90s.

A quick tip to those who feels awkward in sporting a full on bold lip color, one way to overcome a color that comes off too strong to you on first impression, would be wearing it the ombre way. Use a lipstick that has a lighter tone as the base and dab the darker shade on the center of  your lips. That way it tones down the color for you to get used to it. Well when you're comfortable enough, rock the full lip color like you would.   
The lipstick comes in a clear plastic tube with silver fonts and details on it, which was quite a bummer when it started falling off after some time. Both my colorpop tubes looked so beat up with the faded fonts, but no complains since it's only $13.

The formula for Colorpop is smooth to spread out evenly on the lips. The lipstick presented itself in a wet liquid form but gives the matte finish after drying. But, I still want to tell you how dry it would get, so a reminder for you girls is to prep your lips with lip balm. On another note, Colorpop doesn't sit nicely throughout the day and it leaves blotches of leftover on the lips after a meal. It would be good to have your lip balm and liquid lipstick in your purse for retouching. 
I give it a 3/5 only because for $13 you can get a cheaper dupes from brands that comes with cut-throat price tags.  

Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte - Serenity $21



Last year was the year of Kylie Jenner, the on-going talks about her makeup in the media and even online there were no lack of tutorials to recreate the classic Jenner look. I jumped onto the bandwagon once I got hold of the list of products used on her revealed by her very own makeup artist. It seems like from the list, the only missing key item was this lipstick from Gerard Cosmetics. Thankfully for the internet, I was able to get my hands on this since it isn't retailing in Singapore.

Serenity is a nudy pink color with hints of brown and it has got to be the most wearable nude lip color for an everyday basis. It's mellow but it doesn't wash me out and the best part of this is its' versatility that suits almost all skin colors.

Packaging wise is simple but the gold accents give it a touch of luxe to it and the formula is amazing. In terms of the ease of application, it's so smooth that it glides on easily onto the lips and it doesn't dry your lips out at all. 
I'll give it a 4/5 because I love it and I'm almost done with this tube and it's a 100% I'm repurchasing it.


Too Faced Melted Lipstick - $33


The very first liquid lipstick that I've purchased were these - Too Faced Melted series. Too Faced is the true master in packaging, you can count on them to bring together quality packaging and product.

Too Faced is the winner among the creators of liquid lipstick. A formula that has rich color pay-off, non drying on the lips and guess what it's also long lasting which is like a dream come true~ Even after a meal, the lipstick fades evenly to look like you're having tinted lips after cleaning up.

This one is a little more special as it comes in a squeeze tube packaging and a sponge tip applicator, which I consider it to be foolproof (even my 5 year old cousin could color her lips at ease with this). Simply use this in a dabbing motion to fill up your lips and you'll be good to go. This is a great product to use if ombre lips are your go-tos. 
5/5 for its awesome formula and that I've already gotten 3 of it, I wouldn't mind adding more to the collection.

That's all for now and I'm really looking forward to try out other brands as well. What about you? Are you taking on this liquid lipstick trend?


Follow on Bloglovin


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's M A Y D A Y, BABY!

BKK Visuals

Busy Bumble Bee.